Thursday, September 17, 2009

Compassion

Throughout my years in school I had many teachers who were compassionate and cared about me as a person. When a teacher made an effort to get to know me it made me feel important in their lives and I respected them so much more. I remember a specific teacher who treated me with compassion and how it made a huge difference in my life. When I was in tenth grade I had an English teacher who made the effort to get to know me personally. She was interested in my academic life as well as my social life. She was helpful in situations when I needed help academically and in situations when I needed advice about something. This teacher slowly became my favorite teacher and I was always excited to learn things from her. It made me realize that teachers can be both a role model and a friend. I respected her for being compassionate to me and it also made me think of her as a friend. To this day we still talk and she was an important figure in my life because of the way she treated me. I think that it is important to practice the right amount of compassion in a classroom because with too little your students won't enjoy you and with too much your students won't respect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment