Thursday, October 1, 2009

Passion

Passion is an essential quality for teachers to have. Without passion for what you are teaching the students may lose interest and not learn what they need to learn. In school I was never very good at science. It was the class that I struggled with the most. My junior year of high school I had to take Chemistry and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. I started the class thinking about how I could get through it with a decent grade, but to my surprise I really enjoyed the class. My teacher was so passionate about Chemistry and he loved teaching it. This made me excited to go to class each day and hear what he had to say. He had a way of making Chemistry exciting and making me want to learn it. I can say today that Chemistry is my favorite science class because of this teacher and how fun he made it. I learned so much in that class when at first I didn't even want to be there. He made Chemistry a class that I now enjoy. His enthusiasm for the subject helped me to be willing to listen and excited to learn. I believe this is how all teachers should be. They should be passionate and excited about what they are teaching in order to help the students become more interested and want to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment